Week 4

 Welcome back to my blog. This week was one of my best weeks I've had so far and I can see improvements. This week my goal was to practice nails one again but add nail art. Unfortunately I wasn't able to do the nail art due to the fact that I wanted to improve my basic acrylic full nail set before doing nail art. The nails this week were purple and I attempted to do them in a coffin shape. The coffin shape went well but I realized I needed a new file after I was done, which would have made the process faster. Along with that, I purchased a new brush for applying the acrylic but it was too big which gave me some issues on the way but I was still able to do the acrylic on the coffin shaped nails. Putting acrylic on square nails is much easier then on coffin but I enjoyed the the challenge. I was able to finish a full set in a little over an hour which was a lot of progress for me. What helped me with my time was also purchasing a professional nail clipper made for doing acrylic nails which helped keep the nails even and saved time. My biggest struggle is putting the acrylic on the nail which is hard for most people. I can do all the steps in order pretty good but the part that stumps me is the acrylic. I've gotten better at smoothing it across the nail but getting the edges is challenging for me. If you don't have the acrylic smooth then it makes putting the nail polish on harder and it looks uneven but practice will make it better. Overall, I was proud of how I did this week and hope to do nail art the next time. Last week Kaitlyn (who I did the nails on) gave me a eight out of ten which made me feel good.  Next week I am going to compare all of the nails I've done and take the corrections that my friends gave me. Once I create a list of what I need to work on, I will start watching move videos on how to do different types of nail art and practice on another lucky friend! Come back next week to see my results!










Comments

  1. Ruby, looking back at past blogs, I can tell how much you have improved! Great job keeping up the hard work!! How long do you think it will take you to "perfect" the nails? Can you do mine haha! Great job Ruby, keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment