Week 7
Welcome back to my blog! This week was one of my harder weeks and I have a few challenges. When I first planned this week, my goal was to practice a full set on another friend. The girl I was going to practice with ended up canceling at the last minute leaving me with no one. At that moment I decided I would try doing my first set on my own nails! Before I did my own nails, I went back and watched another Youtube video making sure I didn't leave a step out! I only did my left hand because I felt that I wasn't ready to do a full set. Doing my own nails with basic nail polish is already pretty hard for me but doing the acrylic on myself was much harder. I started by doing the acrylic as usual which went pretty well. Getting the acrylic smooth went a lot better than last time due to the fact I got a new brush for applying the acrylic. Cutting and shaping the nail was my next step and that went a little rough. When I try to focus on something my hands start to shake sometimes and that happened while doing that process. Next, I wanted to do something a little extra! I painted my nails pink and white and added a few gems. Painting my own nails didn't look how I wanted them to but the gems actually looked really good. Before applying the gems I was worried it would be hard, but in reality, it was pretty easy for me! Overall, I wasn't too happy with my nails because they didn't look how I wanted them to but I am still very new at doing nails and they could have looked worse. Doing my own nails took me a lot longer than doing other people's nails. Overall it took me around an hour and fifteen minutes. Next week I am going to do a full set on my own nails which follows my plan sheet. Stay tuned for next week's nails!
Ruby, I'm sure this was very challenging to do your own nails, but kudos to you for trying it out! Do people have to pay for you to do them? Keep up the great work, and I hope to see more!
ReplyDeleteThey look great so far! I am sure a skill such as this will take lots of practice. Hope everything is going well. Hopefully you can find someone to practice on! How much do the supplies cost? Keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete