Soup Kitchen 2.3
Welcome back to my blog! This week was a good week, I got to speak with some of the volunteers about why they work there and there goals. I had some troubles remembering some of the names, but there is one man that works there and I decided to talk with him. He told me the reason he started volunteering was because he was out of a job and Martie asked for some help there. Martie is the one in charge, as I mentioned in my last blog. She has more of a reason for being there. She used to be a cook and wanted to help people so she decided to take the Soup Kitchen on. By being around her I can really tell she is dedicated to her job and genuinely cares for her volunteers and customers.
When it comes to cooking the meals, I thought they didn't care exactly how the food was or the type of food but then I could see they plan each of there meals out and work so hard on planning the meals. When I first started volunteering there for student council, there were mostly older women who volunteered but now its some volunteers from the church and Martie. These people are genuinely kind and have a good heart and should be more appreciated.
I've followed my action plan very well and I'm really enjoying spending my time there. Next week I'll be volunteering one or two days. The only fall back I've had were, time management and coming in on days where they have customers. It's hard balancing my time and using time management but I'm starting to do a better job with balancing my different activities. Stay tuned for next week!
Hi! it's Ilyssa, I love that you are volunteering time to such a great cause! What has been your favorite part so far? Have you followed your action plan?
ReplyDelete