2.7 Soup Kitchen
Welcome back to my blog! This week my goal was to reflect on how the soup kitchen has changed my life. To be honest, I was expecting to feel more or have a different reaction. In reality, I feel good about what I'm doing but nothing crazy. Volunteering is really fun and I enjoy doing it but it didn't give me the feeling I thought I would. Volunteering has been great and I love getting to work with Martie, but I haven't gotten any close connections with any of the customers. Some projects or volunteer work, I can make connections or bonds with the customers or patients and this time I didn't. Before I started volunteering again, I volunteered pre covid and we did have more people come but recently there haven't been many people which could be due to the days I go. Overall I'm still very happy with what I've been doing and have come far. I've been more motivated to going to the soup kitchen, and at the beginning of each week, I sit and plan out what I need to do each day. That has given me a chance to see how much free time I really have. My action plan is going well and is going to plan, but stay tuned for next week!
Ruby I'm so impressed with how devoted you have been to volunteering your time ! It's inspired me to want to volunteer! Has this experience made you want to volunteer anywhere else?
ReplyDelete