Soup Kitchen 2.4
Welcome back to my blog! This week was another successful week but boring. I went to the soup kitchen last Tuesday, and it was very slow again unfortunately. They had a table laying out with different breads and goods for the people to take. Each week I really try to observe everyone and everything going on. It was only Martie and me at the soup kitchen, along with a volunteer of yours. When the missionaries are there, the shift goes by faster due to us having more people.
When first going into the soup kitchen, I honestly had high expectations. When it came to actually being there I was disappointed because hardly anyone comes. These volunteers put in a lot of time and energy to help people, but few take advantage of it, and the food goes to waste. I hope the next time I go there is more people, or a way of spreading the word. The soup kitchen used to be on the radio and if it isn't anymore, I might go have the radio stations get the word out. Other then those few minor issues, my action plan is going great! I've been keeping up with volunteering, which can be really hard with a busy schedule, but I make it work. Stay tuned for next week!
Comments
Post a Comment